[one-users] About adding ONE List(Hosts,VMs,VNs) APIs

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Sat Jul 11 07:22:58 PDT 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your effort, we love to know that people are getting
involved in the project.

For the next version (1.4) we have been changing the API so you can
get that information using XML-RPC. The beta release should be out
very soon (this month), we are still writing documentation and testing
everything to fix any mayor bugs we might find. The codebase is
changing a bit right now as we polish and fix those bugs but you can
take a look at the trunk of the subversion repository.

web: http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/browse/trunk
svn: http://svn.opennebula.org/one/trunk

About your findings for hosts not added to that map after they are
added to the database you are right. That map is used as a cache and
it has the same implementation for VM's and Virtual Networks. As a
cache it only holds information about the last used objects. Take as
an example the VM's, if we have hundreds of VM's we don't want to have
all that information in memory as it could end up eating lots of memory.

To implement listings for XML-RPC we bypassed that cache and got the
information directly from the database.

Bye