[one-users] OpenNebula Vs Eculayptus

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Jul 3 08:20:59 PDT 2009

Dear Massimo,

At FAQ you can see our answer to that question:

http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=faq#how_does_opennebula_compare_with_other_cloud_components

- Regarding PRIVATE CLOUD (Functionality for Virtualization of
Datacenter) computing I suggest you use our table at http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=about#features
  to compare with the functionality provided by Eucalyptus (this table
will change in few days with the release of OpenNebula 1.4)
- Regarding HYBRID CLOUD computing, OpenNebula provides on-demand
access to Amazon EC2 and ElasticHosts in order to scale-out a local
infrastructure
- Regarding PUBLIC CLOUD computing, although OpenNebula v1.2 does not
provide cloud interfaces, OpenNebula v1.4 (due in few days) will
incorporate a new Cloud interface. In fact it is providing a framework
to build any Cloud interface. For example to easily implement the
upcoming OCCI-API standard (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/projects/occi-wg).
As example, OpenNebula v1.4 implements a subset of the EC2 query API.
Because OpenNebula v1.4 also supports VMware, you will have a EC2 API
implementation on VMware.

Summarizing, we see OpenNebula as a toolkit to build any Cloud
architecture.

Cheers,

Ignacio

--