[one-users] SMP for KVM?

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 28 08:48:19 PST 2009

Hi, Ruben.

Thanks for your explanation. I understand the problem now.

> There are two options:
> * Derive the vcpu value from CPU, something like for example round the CPU
> value up.
> * Include a new parameter in the template to specify the number of virtual
> CPUs. Having two values for CPU can be misleading, though

We could add a VCPU option to specify the number of virtual CPU's, and
use the CPU setting (rounded up) as the default value for the VCPU
setting? That way, we maintain the current semantics for the CPU
setting, and add a way to customise the number of virtual cpu's assigned
to a virtual machine.

--
Soren Hansen        |
Virtualisation Lead | Ubuntu Server Team