[one-users] Need Information on Open Nebula Client Interface.

William Voorsluys williamvoor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:49:10 PST 2009

Hi Lalithamba,

I would recommend not using the method "allHostsIds", as it is not
supported by ONE. There use to be a ticket for such support, but it's
been closed without a fix. See http://trac.opennebula.org/ticket/33
for an explanation.

If you really need this feature, you'll have to patch ONE your self. I
did that on a previous version of ONE. You can find such patch at
http://trac.opennebula.org/wiki/NimbusIntegration, under Packages.

Cheers,

William

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 1:21 AM,  <lalithamba.vishwanathaiah at wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using OpenNebula Client Utility to get the Front-end (ONE) details.
>
> I am calling oneClient.allHostsIds(session) method from my java program.
> I am getting the following error :

> org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Method 'one.allhostsids' not defined
>  at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:186)
>  at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:145)
>  at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
>  at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:44)
>  at
> org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
>  at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:166)
>  at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:157)
>  at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:146)
>  at
> org.opennebula.stubs.OpenNebulaClientImpl.execute(OpenNebulaClientImpl.java:115)
>  at
> org.opennebula.stubs.OpenNebulaClientImpl.allHostsIds(OpenNebulaClientImpl.java:272)
>
> Why am I getting the error ?
>
> I have added one machine as host using "onehost create" command.
> How can I get the HID for a given hostname from Front-End using Client
> Utility ?
> Can anybody give me a sample code for this.
>
> Any help is appreciated.  Anticipating for a response.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Lalithamba.

> message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
> check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
> by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

William Voorsluys

williamvoor.googlepages.com