[one-users] Compilation problem

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Feb 26 15:33:29 PST 2009

Hi,
Yes, it is quite strange... From the flex page (http://flex.sourceforge.net/) it seems that 2.5.4 (1997) is not the latest release (2.5.35) so you should update flex.

Regarding the parser itself, we chose a syntax closer to the user, so writing a VM description file was easy. So the files in OpenNebula (configuration and "user" files) uses a syntax easy to write. We feel that XML is not as clear and more cumbersome most of the time -from the human point of view ;) -. However, we are now supporting XML to communicate the files to other components. Also XML will be used to ease the integration of OpenNebula with other software tools (for example
http://trac.opennebula.org/ticket/85)

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers!

Ruben