[one-users] OpenNebula 1.2 Released!

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 11 06:22:10 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:15:44PM +0100, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> February 9th, 2009. The OpenNebula team is pleased to announce the
> availability of OpenNebula 1.2 (a.k.a. "Tarantula"**).

This is excellent news!

I've uploaded this new release to Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty), and it should be
available already. I've also set up a PPA for OpenNebula.  This means
that you if you're running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy) or Ubuntu 8.10
(Intrepid), you can add the following to your sources.list and install
OpenNebula using apt-get.

For 8.04 LTS (Hardy):
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/opennebula-ubuntu/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

For 8.10 (Intrepid):
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/opennebula-ubuntu/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main

I will try to keep this up-to-date as time permits. Please do report any
issues you may encounter at:

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opennebula/+filebug

Note: The packages for hardy are currently building, but should be
available within the next half hour or so.

> The OpenNebula team would like to thank everyone that sent comments,
> reported bugs and provide patches. It definitely helped to get a
> better OpenNebula 1.2.  Specially, we would like to thank the great
> labour done by Soren Hansen, reflected in submitted patches that
> helped to get OpenNebula closer to work with Ubuntu and Debian and
> cleared subtle important issues.

*blush* :)

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead Virtualisation Engineer | Ubuntu Server Team