[one-users] Template for Windows XP

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:52:57 PST 2009

Hello,

You should better try to run windows in xen manually, without
OpenNebula. After you have your desired configuration ready you can
start automating VM management with OpenNebula. Do not start with
OpenNebula as it adds another complexity layer and will only mislead
you. This advice is not only for windows machines in xen. You first
need an already running VM infrastructure before installing and
configuring OpenNebula. Maybe this article is a good start:

http://www.planetjoel.com/viewarticle/568/HOWTO:+Windows+XP+running+under+Xen+3.0+on+Ubuntu+Dapper+Drake

Bye

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Nikola Milutinovic
<n.milutinovic at levi9.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Can someone give a template for launching a Windows XP Xen image via
> OpenNebula?
>
> I am mostly concerned with the "OS" section, since I don't know what to put
> in there.
>
> Nix.
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
> Nikola Milutinovic
> Sr Java Developer
> Levi9 Global Sourcing
> ________________________________
> .  Jan van Goyenkade 8, 1075 HP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> (    +31 (0) 20 7547900 ext 2056
> (    +381 (0) 21 4895800 ext 2056
> È    +381 (0) 64 2202824
> *    n.milutinovic at Levi9.com
> ^    Skype: nikola.milutinovic
> ü    www.levi9.com
>
> Chamber of commerce Levi9 Global Sourcing BV: 34221951
> Chamber of commerce Levi9 Global Sourcing Benelux BV: 34224746
> ________________________________
> This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
> not (one of) the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately
> by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments permanently
> without retaining a copy. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or
> taking any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail by persons or
> entities other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may
> be unlawful.
>
> The services of Levi9 are exclusively subject to its general terms and
> conditions. These general terms and conditions can be found on www.levi9.com
> and a copy will be promptly submitted to you on your request and free of
> charge.

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher