[one-users] migration from FluidVM + XEN

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:44:52 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm considering moving our VPS servers over to OpenNebula, but have
some questions first. We currently run FluidVM, but I want to change
over to OpenNebula. The VPS's run on Paravirtualised XEN, and the
configs are generated by FluidVM from a database. i.e. there's no
/etc/xen/vps1 config file.

Is it possible to import these running XEN instances into OpenNebula?

And is it possible to run 2 OpenNebula head nodes with high
availability, so that if one goes down (hardware failure / natural
disaster), the other one could still run and all the VPS nodes still
be active? These two head nodes will be in 2 different data centers,
in 2 different cities, and the VPS host nodes spread among the 2 data
centers as well.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers