[one-users] Development technologies

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Aug 27 03:12:26 PDT 2009

Hello,

Here are the technologies being used for the project:

 * Build system: scons
 * Core: C++
 * Data base library: sqlite
 * Client comunication protocol: xmlrpc (the library used in the core
to provide this is http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/ and uses the
embedded abyss server)
 * Command line interface: ruby, the communication with server is done
with standard xmlrpc libraries that come with ruby distribution
 * Drivers: Most of the drivers are programmed in ruby. The
communication core<->drivers protocol is a custom text message
protocol and uses unix pipes between core and driver processes.
 * Information manager driver executes probes in the remote nodes,
this probes can be executables or scripts in any language or format
that the remote nodes support.
 * Transfer manager uses shell scripts to describe each of the
commands available to perform to images. They can also be programmed
in any other language.
 * Communication with execution nodes is done through ssh
 * VMWare drivers are programmed in java.

Tell me if you need more information or some clarifications.

Bye

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Enric Pere Pages
Montanera<vprotraining at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, at OpenNebula site there is a section talking about technologies
> that extends the funcionality of OpenNebula. I miss a section where I can
> find the technologies that dsa-research group use to build this manager.(the
> communication between layers are correctly described but I couldn't find
> anything about in which programming languages the core, the components and
> the drivers are written).
>
> Regards,
>
> Enric P

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher