[one-users] VMware issues

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Aug 26 04:31:55 PDT 2009

Hi Harsha,

I am not sure if I understood correctly your issue. Independently of
the user that installed the VMware server you can set OpenNebula to
use any user to access it. You set the username and password in the
<oned.conf> section that refers to the VMware drivers:

   VM_MAD = [
      name       = "vmm_vmware",
      executable = "one_vmm_vmware",
      arguments  = "--username <esxi_username> --password <esxi_password>",
      type       = "xml" ]

and

  IM_MAD = [
      name       = "im_vmware",
      executable = "one_im_vmware",
      arguments  = "--username <esxi_username> --password <esxi_password>"]

where esxi_username and esxi_password have to be replaced with your
VMware server username and password.

Hope it helps,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova