[one-users] Find the VM IP in the DHCP setup

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Aug 24 11:35:57 PDT 2009

Hello,

The DHCP configuration is basically a long list of mac addresses
matching its IP the way Ruben had explained. It would be much better
to have some kind of DHCP Server - OpenNebula communication so it asks
for IPs as needed but unfortunately I have not found any DHCP Server
that lets you do this (like executing a script that gives the IP). The
perfect solution would be to create an ad hoc DHCP Server but I think
it is out of the project scope (or at least we have other features to
polish or add before addressing it).

Anyway, you can try to create a DHCP configuration that has some mac
addresses to ip correlation to try it out. As soon as I have the
script that generates those lines from an already defined VNet I'll
upload it to the web page.

Bye

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Shi Jin<jinzishuai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Ruben,
>
> I am now ready to try the DHCP server hook up you mentioned earlier.
> Could you please provide some extra information as to how to start with?
> For example, where do I find the code in the svn trunk?
> One thing I am wondering is that is there a way to avoid putting the repeating lines in the dhcp-server configuration files for the IP assignment but to simply specify a MAC-IP rule in it?
>
> Thanks.
> Shi
> --
> Shi Jin, PhD

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher