[one-users] Can't connect to "running" vm's

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Mon Aug 24 02:54:17 PDT 2009

Hi Romaine,

>From what I gather, it seems that your problem is getting the
vmcontext.sh script _inside_ your VMs. We only provide it for Un*x
machines, so you will need to figure out an equivalent for Windows
machines.

How to do so is explained in the last section of [1], but in a
nutshell you need to

  * Copy the script$ONE_LOCATION/share/scripts/vmcontext.sh into the
/etc/init.d directory in the VM root file system.

  * Execute the script at boot time before starting any network
service, usually runlevel 2 should work:

         $ ln /etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh /etc/rc2.d/S01vmcontext.sh

This script will set the IP from the MAC address of the VM.

Hope it helps,

-Tino

[1] http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:vgg
--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova