[one-users] Persistent VM instance storage?

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Aug 20 03:26:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

If the images for persistent storage are located in a shared directory
exported to execution nodes you can simply specify its path and set
CLONE=no in the template file. That way the VM will have access to
that image and could be used after the VM is shutdown for other VM. If
you do not have a shared directory use CLONE=yes and SAVE=yes when
specifying that image so when the VM is shutdown the modified image is
copied back to $ONE_LOCATION/var/<vmid> in the frontend machine.

Bye

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Enis Afgan<afgane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guy, long time no contact but here I am again... :)
>
> Anyway, I've recently started looking at OpenNebula and have not been able
> to find any documentation on persistent storage for VM instances? Something
> on the lines of Amazon's EBS where one can mount (multiple) virtual disks to
> a live instance and have data stored to that medium transcend life of the
> instance itself. Is this possible in OpenNebula?
> If not, are there any other provisions for persistent storage within VM
> instances? Are there any limitations within the model (e.g., Amazon's S3 has
> 5GB single file limit).
>
> Thanks,
> Enis
>
> P.S. Anyone from the group coming to Cluster 2009?

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher