[one-users] Cannot shutdown VM

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Aug 12 09:54:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Harsha Buggi<Harsha_Buggi at mindtree.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    The shutdown does not work because we are adding the following line in xml for creating a vm:
>
>    <features>
>             <acpi/>
>    <features>
>
>    We dont add this line in v1.2 by default. Can I know what changes do I need to make to source so that these lines are not added in the xml.

You can change the default behavior modifying the driver
configuration. It is located in
$ONE_LOCATION/etc/vmm_kvm/vmm_kvm.conf. Just change ACPI value to off.

>     Regarding the node statistics not showing up - I have checked the logs and there is no information there. It just says hot x.x.x.x successfully monitored.

That means that it could excute and retrieve at least one of the
probes. Seems that the probe getting information from kvm is not
working. Try going to the remote node and executing the biggest file
in /tmp/ne_im_scripts. If it works try doing the same from the
frontend node using ssh. Than may led you to the problem it is having.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher