[one-users] Persistent VM instance storage?

Enis Afgan afgane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:45:43 PDT 2009

Hey guy, long time no contact but here I am again... :)

Anyway, I've recently started looking at OpenNebula and have not been able
to find any documentation on persistent storage for VM instances? Something
on the lines of Amazon's EBS where one can mount (multiple) virtual disks to
a live instance and have data stored to that medium transcend life of the
instance itself. Is this possible in OpenNebula?
If not, are there any other provisions for persistent storage within VM
instances? Are there any limitations within the model (e.g., Amazon's S3 has
5GB single file limit).

Thanks,
Enis

P.S. Anyone from the group coming to Cluster 2009?

Enis Afgan, Ph.D.
Department of Biology
Emory University