[one-users] Problem with suspend and resume on a group of VMs

Harishbabu Nagaraj Harishbabu_Nagaraj at mindtree.com
Wed Aug 5 02:39:57 PDT 2009

Dear All,
       We are using Open nebula 1.2 to create virtual test beds. In this scenario, we are trying to save a group of virtual machines using the "onevm suspend"  command and restoring these virtual machines back using "onevm resume".
When we perform the above operations, we are getting the following error, Is this a bug in the code or are we doing anything wrong.

libvir: QEMU error: operation failed: failed to start VM
error: Failed to restore domain from /var/lib/one//211/images/checkpoint
Error restoring VM, Failed to restore domain /var/lib/one//211/images/checkpoint
Fail to boot VM
New VM state is FAILED

Can somebody help in resolving this issue. Let us know if you need any more details.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
Harish