[one-users] FW: Problem in deploying a VM

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Apr 21 05:26:02 PDT 2009

Hello,

On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Harishbabu Nagaraj wrote:

> Output of $ file /opt/nebula/images/Rhel_Server_5.3.img
>
> /opt/nebula/images/Rhel_Server_5.3.img: x86 boot sector; partition
> 1: ID=0x83, active, starthead 1, startsector 63, 20878
> 2 sectors; partition 2: ID=0x8e, starthead 0, startsector 208845,
> 16161390 sectors, code offset 0x48
>
> Let us know if you need any more details.

The image you have is a disk image with partitions. From what I see it
already has defined 2 partitions, the first one is a linux partition
and the second one LVM. Here is an excerpt of of partition types got
with "sfdisk -T":

82  Linux swap / Solaris
83  Linux
8e  Linux LVM

To use that kind of disk images you have to specify the disk as sda
(or hda) as it is a whole disk. The OS will create the sda1 and sda2
devices accordingly. Also change the swap image to sdb or any other
device to not clash with the already existing lvm partition in sda2.

I hope it helps.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher