[one-users] some questions

jvp1 at alu.upct.es jvp1 at alu.upct.es
Tue Sep 16 04:54:20 PDT 2008

I've just installed/configured opennebula, and i have questions about
virtual machine configuration. I want to use one machine installed with
virt-manager. The file disk of virtual machine has two partitions: swap
and root. In xen config file for this machine i have this:
bootloader="/usr/lib/xen/boot/domUloader.py"
bootargs="--entry=xvda2:/boot/vmlinuz-xenpae,/boot/initrd-xenpae"
extra=" "
disk=[ 'file:/var/lib/xen/images/sles10/disk0,xvda,w', ]

How can ia translate this to opennebula template? I've made this:
OS     = [
  kernel   = "/boot/vmlinuz-xenpae",
  initrd   = "/boot/initrd-xenpae",
  root     = "xvda2",
  boot     = "xvda"
]

DISK   = [
  source   = "/opt/nebula/images/sles10.img",
  target   = "xvda",
  readonly = "no"
]

but this configuration fails. If i use:
OS     = [
  kernel   = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen",
  initrd   = "/boot/initrd-xen",
  root     = "xvda2",
  boot     = "xvda"
]

DISK   = [
  source   = "/opt/nebula/images/sles10.img",
  target   = "xvda",
  readonly = "no"
]

it will use local kernel xen, and not xen of the virtual machine, so
this causes errors on the startup virtual machine and does not work fine.

Another question, i've seen this on documentation
(http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.0:qg):
To perform a live migration we use yet again the onevm command. Assuming
the VM was scheduled into aquila01 (with HID=0), let's move it to
aquila02 (HID=1):

$> onevm livemigrate 0 1

This will move the VM from aquila01 to aquila02. Then, your onevm list
should show something like the following if all went smooth:

But that is not true, you have to specify the ID of virtual machine that
you want to migrate and the destination HID, and not HID of origin and
HId of destination.