[one-users] Acces ONE command line returned messages

Alvaro Canales accleo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:28:07 PDT 2008

Hello users,

Does anybody know how to retrieve the VirtualMachine id returned by "onevm
submit template" from Java? I execute this command remotely (using ssh) in a
Java program (reusing Globus Workspaces output), but I don't have any idea
about how to capture this return string... any clue?
By the way, it would be far easier if I could access the VirtualMachine via
a name set by me, for example using name = "myname" in the template file.
This is done in Xen, so I can access a VM using either its vID or its
name... But ONE, though understanding the "name" parameter, only seems to
accept vID when executing its commands, is it? Because if I do something
like "onevm deploy myVMmachine", it doesn't show "error no such VM" or
something similar, but tries to deploy always first VM (id 0). Is this a
correct behaviour or a bug?

Thank you in any case for your attention!
Best regards,

Alvaro

--
Álvaro