[one-users] Using Images

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Nov 25 10:08:51 PST 2008

Hello,

On Nov 25, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Himanshu Khona wrote:

> Hi -
> I have opennebula configured and running with 2 nodes and 1 ONE
> server.
> I am unable to deploy any VM on it.
> I have the following questions -
> a) In the vm template, the disk image file is blank disk image
> created using dd or the linux image file to be made using xm commands.

The disk image needs to have a linux installed inside. You can do that
using xen-tools commands, creating a new image and populating it with
some working linux installation or downloading an already prepared
image from internet. OpenNebula does not install the operating system
into images.

> b) How do I give IP address to a VM?

You can preconfigure the OS image with a fixed IP or you can use a
DHCP server. For DHCP you can follow instructions described at:

http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:howto_net

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher