[one-users] Transfer manager

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Nov 20 02:56:50 PST 2008

Hello,

We already have to finish the documentation but here are some tips.
The best way to do that is to create your own transfer scripts so
instead of cloning it just creates a symbolic link in the correct
directory (VM_DIR/images/disk.<number>). You can inspect scripts in
lib/tm_commands/nfs, the one that is interesting for you is
tm_clone.sh. There is also another way to do that and is telling ONE
to not clone that specific image. I think it is better that you use
this method until the documentation is finished. A new parameter
should be added to the disk description (CLONE="no").

--8<------
DISK = [
   source   = "/<some_shared_path>/disk.img",
   target   = "sda1",
   clone    = "no",
   readonly = "no" ]
------>8--

For your information, the new transfer manager is able to create swap
disk images on the fly, and it is very fast doing that. This example
creates a 1 Gb swap image and will be mounted in sdb:

--8<------
DISK = [
     type="swap",
     size=1024,
     target="sdb"
]

There will be more information on the documentation on all this issues
but I hope this clarifies the functionality enough to deal with your
problem. Don't hesitate in contacting us for any doubt you may have.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher