[one-users] Few comments

Alexandre di Costanzo adc at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Nov 13 22:05:41 PST 2008

On 13/11/2008, at 1:07 AM, Ruben S. Montero wrote:

>> In addition of that, we are working with the version of Xen 3.2, and
>> the prefix of the disk source has changed from 'file:' to 'tap;aio:'.
>> We have fixed the code by removing the automatic include of the
>> prefix
>> to the disk's url and letting the user to specify it in the template.
>
> Yes we are aware of this (chek ,http://trac.opennebula.org/changeset/204
>  ;)
> however there are some concerns about the performance of tap:aio.
> Have you
> experienced any performance issue?

We haven't did performance experiments, hence we cannot say.

>> Finally, the tag requirement doesn't seam to work properly when we
>> set
>> the hostname in the template. The VM is submitted but its status is
>> 'pending'. However, it works properly with the API.
>
> OK. Please could you send the template so we can reproduce the bug
> and solve
> it?.

We re-have done some tests, with the last svn version and we don't
have the problem anymore. Sorry about that.

Alex
--
Dr Alexandre di Costanzo
Research Fellow - Grid Computing and Distributed Systems (GRIDS)
E: adc at csse.unimelb.edu.au
W: www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~adc