[one-users] Problem submitting virtual machines: pend status

Alvaro Canales accleo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:09:51 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Javier Fontan <jfontan at fdi.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Jun 30, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Alvaro Canales wrote:
>

>> Could not execute remote script in localhost:
>> /tmp/ne_im_scripts/ne_im-edc4cd6c5b8e0c6ceacc7da2cd0228ea
>>
>> The thing is that if I execute it locally, then I can make it work! (and
>> oned.log says that the host is succesfully monitored...):
>> [...]
>> My local permissions are:
>> ls -l /tmp/ne_im_scripts/ne_im-edc4cd6c5b8e0c6ceacc7da2cd0228ea
>> -rwxr-xr-- 1 oneadmin xen 1629 Jun 30 11:18
>> /tmp/ne_im_scripts/ne_im-edc4cd6c5b8e0c6ceacc7da2cd0228ea
>>

> Permissions seem to be ok. Please try to do the same test using ssh,
> something like this:
>
> --8<------
> $ ssh -n localhost
> /tmp/ne_im_scripts/ne_im-edc4cd6c5b8e0c6ceacc7da2cd0228ea
> ------>8--

I got the "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo" bla bla bla message
so...

> In some distributions sudoers file come with a directive to require a tty
> to use sudo. If this is the case you will get an error telling so. To fix
> this you have to comment the line in sudoers, it should have something like
> "requiretty". I don't have a machine with that configuration to tell you how
> exactly it is.

...you are absolutely right! You have to comment out #Defaults    requiretty
in sudoers file. I don't know why I just tried to log in and not to execute
commands... the thing is I got rid of those errors! :D

> Also if te error was the requiretty thing then it is also causing one being
> unable to deploy machines (it uses the same sudo mechanism).

Sure! They go now to boot state without having to do manually "onevm
deploy...". The problem is they keep indefinitely in the "boot" state :p

>  If I try to execute bin/one_im_ssh alone, I get this:
>>  bin/one_im_ssh /tmp/ne_im_scripts/ne_im-edc4cd6c5b8e0c6ceacc7da2cd0228ea
>> /OVS/opennebula/libexec/madcommon.sh: line 52: /tmp/one_fifo.27687.err: No
>> such file or directory
>> And get a new line in the one_im_ssh.log file (even if I create the fifo
>> manually...):
>> Malformed line in configuration file: require "pp"
>>

> This is caused because this mad gets a configuration file as parameter, not
> an script file.
>
>  I still don't know why when I submit my images, I get them in "pend"
>> state.
>> If I execute "sudo /usr/sbin/xm create
>> /OVS/opennebula/var/VM_ID/deployment.0 -c", it works and I can log in to my
>> machine (do no net or DHCP).
>>

> ONE puts new VM's in pend state. They will be kept in this state until they
> are deployed. That is, doing it by hand (using onevm deploy) or a deploy
> issued by the scheduler. If your machines go to boot state without doing
> anything is because scheduler found a suitable host where tor un the VM and
> sent deploy command.
>
>  I'm very lost, as I don't know what else I can do...
>> Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you very much!! :)
>>

> I hope you can advance with this information a bit more.

Yes, you help me a lot. Thank you!

>  PS: Campeooones!!! Vivo en Alemania y... jejeje ;p
>>

> No veas como estaba ayer Madrid.

Jojojoj, que envidia... pero bueno, tampoco nos quedamos cortos nosotros en
terreno hostil, ya te puedes imaginar... ;)

--
Álvaro