[one-users] Cannot submit image: Error: Connection refused -connect(2)

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Jun 26 02:29:23 PDT 2008

Hi Alvaro,

Did you change the default port in $ONE_LOCATION/etc/oned.conf?. If not,
could you check if the default port is open (2633)?

# telnet localhost 2633

And just to for completeness sake, please note that the "oned" process must
be running.

Best regards,

-Tino

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Alvaro Canales <accleo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users:
>
> When I try to submit an image with this command:
>
>> onevm submit images/myfirstVM.template
>

> I get the following error:
>
>> Error: Connection refused - connect(2)
>

> I have seen that the error comes in the "def call(action, *args)" call, in
> file lib/ruby/one.rb:
>
>>  # Server class. This is the one that makes xml-rpc calls.
>>     class Server
>>         #def initialize(host="localhost", port=60666, path="/RPC2")
>>         #    @server=XMLRPC::Client.new(host, path, port)
>>         #end
>>
>>         def initialize(endpoint=nil)
>>             if endpoint
>>                 one_endpoint=endpoint
>>             elsif ENV["ONE_XMLRPC"]
>>                 one_endpoint=ENV["ONE_XMLRPC"]
>>             else
>>                 one_endpoint="http://localhost:2633/RPC2"
>>             end
>>             @server=XMLRPC::Client.new2(one_endpoint)
>>         end
>>
>>         def call(action, *args)
>>             begin
>>                 response=@server.call("one."+action, "sessionID", *args)
>>                 response<<nil if response.length<2
>>                 response
>>             rescue Exception => e
>>                 [false, e.message + " Fails here!!!!!!!!!!! "]
>>             end
>>         end
>>     end
>>

> Do you know what I can do? I'm lost, I don't know what to investigate...
> Many thanks in advance!
>

> --
> Álvaro

Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/doku.php?id=people:tinova