[Interoperability] The Megha Intercloud Project

Xavier Espinal espinal at pic.es
Wed Nov 2 09:36:58 PDT 2011

Dear OpenNebula Interoperability group,

We would like to introduce you “Megha”, a Spanish cloud computing
working group. We are promoting the deployment of a federated cloud
infrastructure based on OpenNebula and relying on an OCCI solution for
interoperability purposes and we are interested in joining  in your
initiative because we are sure that the objectives we follow are aligned
with yours.

The mission[1] of the MEGHA Working Group is to coordinate and promote
the development and innovation in Cloud Computing technologies within
the scope of the institutions affiliated to RedIRIS covering the
following aspects: R&D, education and management. In parallel, MEGHA
intends to act as a catalyst for the application of open and
interoperable Cloud technologies in other areas in which it can
influence, such as business and government.

We are now in the phase of deployment and commissioning of an initial
toy model that should provide valuable information about the future
directions in this initiative. Centres involved have already shared
accounts and checking basic use-cases for interoperability among the
distributed clouds and now we're working in a truth federation issues.

Best regards,

                           Xavier Espinal and Jordi Guijarro on behalf
of the Megha Intercloud Project

[1] http://wiki.rediris.es/megha/MainPage

--
Dr. Xavier Espinal Curull