[Interoperability] Introduction

Jean-Pierre.Laisne at bull.net Jean-Pierre.Laisne at bull.net
Wed Aug 24 08:34:36 PDT 2011

Dear all,

First of all thanks a lot to Ignaccio for inviting me to join this mailing list.

I would like to shortly introduce myself: my name is Jean-Pierre Laisné, I am working with Bull since 2001 in open source strategy, I am president of OW2, one of the co-founders of OW2 Open Source Cloudware intiative and I lead a project called CompatibleOne. My interest for your works is related to this last activity.

Some information about CompatibleOne:
CompatibleOne is a collaborative project funded by French Ministry of Industry which started Nov 2010 and will finish Dec 2012.
CompatibleOne gathers 14 partners http://www.compatibleone.org/bin/view/About/Consortium
CompatibleOne is targeting to offer open source middleware for the cloud (cloudware) which will enable cloud to interoperate in an open and standard way.
The project is also targeting other goals such as providing VM Interoperability, Elasticity Services etc.
You will find general information on www.compatibleone.org and please do not hesitate to ask for more details

Talking about VM interop I would be highly interested to know more about what Contrail and Venus are doing on this area and to see if there are potential synergies.

I look forward to collaborating with you,

JPL.