[one-ecosystem] custom rank policy

Darshan Upadhyay darshanit7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:49:53 PDT 2012

hello friends,

I am student of masters in engineering..currently i am working on custom
scheduler as my research work...my goal is to work around Rank policy which
provide priority to VM........

1)is it possible to place custom rank policy which will be followed by all
hosts/VM...if yes, than from where i should start?

Example....
in opennebula 3.2 option to choose different policy by setting the
attribute like

DEFAULT_SCHED = [
   policy = 3,    may be 0.1 or 2
   rank   = "- (RUNNING_VMS * 50  + FREE_CPU)"
]

if yes, than from where i should start?

2) is it possible to give priority to VM using RANK attribute or some
policy in opennebula?

Cheers,
Darshan Upadhyay