[one-ecosystem] Contrail Virtual Execution Platform

Piyush Harsh piyush.harsh at inria.fr
Thu Jun 7 07:49:44 PDT 2012

Dear All,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the availability of the first
version of Contrail project's WP5 software called Virtual Execution
Platform (VEP) to OpenNebula community.

VEP allows deployment of applications described in an OVF file over
OpenNebula clouds (among many other things). VEP supports 2.2.1 as well
as the latest 3.4.1 OpenNebula clouds.

We support standard OVFs without need for any non-standard extensions,
the VM contextualization parameters and network elements have to be
specified in the OVF in a specific manner which we will document in
great details once the Contrail VEP community page is assigned for that
purpose.

Name of the Component: Contrail VEP

URL of the Component (source):
http://websvn.ow2.org/listing.php?repname=contrail&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fprovider%2Fvep-gui%2F

Brief Description (30 words max): Allows deployment and management of
OVF applications on OpenNebula clouds. Users can manage application
submission through a simple yet functional web-interface.

Type (tool/extension/plugin): tool
License (proprietary/OSS): OSS (New BSD)
OpenNebula Version: 2.2.1 and 3.4.1
Author (person or organization developing the code): Piyush Harsh, INRIA
E-mail: piyush.harsh at inria.fr

A bit outdated VEP's admin guide is located here:
http://contrail.projects.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/VEP+Administration

We will soon update the Wiki with proper install and setup steps and
will include OVF related sections to guide users on correct OVF
composition for deployment on OpenNebula clouds. Expect changes to be
finalized by next week.

Please consider this email as a request for allotment of a separate
community wiki/page for Contrail VEP software.

Kind regards,
Piyush.

--
Dr. Piyush Harsh, R&D Engineer, INRIA
CONTRAIL Project, INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique