[one-ecosystem] help for source code

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 24 07:05:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

For debugging we use gdb, but google may have other alternative suggestions.

To modify the scheduler, you need to focus on src/scheduler, the code
inside that directory is compiled as the mm_sched executable, see the
SConstruct file.

As I said, the scheduler is a separate executable from oned (the core). It
basically queries periodically oned for the list of pending VMs, the
available hosts, and then for each VM filters the Hosts that match the VM
requirements: the user has ACL permissions to have his VMs deployed in the
host, the CPU and MEMORY constraints are met, REQUIREMENTS fit, etc. This
list of Hosts is then sorted using the defined RANK. Finally, the scheduler
performs the one.vm.deploy calls

I hope that helps to get you started.
Regards

--