[one-ecosystem] Libcloud Update

Hutson Betts hut101 at tamu.edu
Thu Nov 17 22:16:49 PST 2011

Dear Florian,

Thanks for getting in contact with the OCCI WG regarding documentation.
It's pretty fantastic they were able, and willing to, update the
documentation so quickly.

There is a definite difference between OCCI 1.0 for OpenNebula, which
uses XML, and OCCI 1.1, which uses custom header options. However, each
Libcloud driver has full access to response headers, and the ability to
inject additional headers into resource requests.

Therefore, it should be relatively easy to implement a prototype OCCI
v1.1 Libcloud driver based on OpenNebula's v0.3 of the OCCI v1.1
specification.

If you would like to discuss the implementation of the Libcloud driver,
and the implementation of the OCCI server, I'm basically available at
these times:
Monday, Wednesday, Fridays: 15:00:00 UTC - 23:59:00 UTC
Also, most Saturdays: 15:00:00 UTC - 23:59:00 UTC

--
Hutson Betts
Computer Science and Engineering

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 12:15 +0000, florian.feldhaus at tu-dortmund.de