[one-ecosystem] Tutorial for image creation for use in opennebula

Héctor Sanjuán hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Wed Nov 2 03:37:23 PDT 2011

Hi,

the creation of image and deployment process using VirtualBox is the
same as KVM or Xen-based deploy, except that the vbox drivers should be
used and the images should be in vdi format.

For the network configuration, note that the BRIDGE parameter must not
specify the bridge name, but the name of the interface the bridge is
attached to (as it correspond to the "attached to" field for bridged
networking in VirtualBox GUI).

If having problems, I recommend setting up the machine in virtualbox UI
first and checking that everything works as expected, and then translate
the settings and the image to OpenNebula.

Héctor Sanjuán
OpenNebula Developer