[one-ecosystem] Fwd: About features 201 and multi-site management

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartins at fdi.ucm.es
Mon May 31 06:44:27 PDT 2010

Hi Florian,

I could send you the VMI plug-in code if you are interested, but the code
isn't pretty and the current version works with a Reservoir site on the
other end, acting as the OCCI server.
It can be modified to work with another OpenNebula, but could take some
time.

What the VMI plug-in basically does is add a Reservoir site (or OpenNebula
front-end) as a new regular host; but the target site is seen as a big
machine with no capacity monitoring.

Other challenging issues would be networking and migration.
A VPN could be established, but doing this automatically isn't trivial.
Technically, migration would work is you set up shared storage across sites,
but this may bring a performance drop.

Best Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Martín, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org