[one-ecosystem] About features 201 Clustering/Grouping of Physical Hosts

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Fri May 28 06:10:19 PDT 2010

Hi

The new functionality in issue 201 will allow users to define the cluster where they would like to run the service (group of VMs). Some of our users requested this functionality for example to manage clusters with different levels of security, or clusters with different hardware devices for different types of workloads profiles. It could be also used to define geographical location if you have clusters located at different sites.  However, the management of different sites is usually performed by different OpenNebula instances. So you could create a federation of cloud sites by using the support for hybrid cloud computing given by OpenNebula.

Regards

--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): http://dsa-research.org/llorente
DSA Research Group:  web http://dsa-research.org and blog http://blog.dsa-research.org