[one-ecosystem] connection between OpenNebula and Deltacloud

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Jul 6 09:54:39 PDT 2010

Hi Marwen,

The OpenNebula adaptor, that you are trying to use, allows to build hybrid
clouds with OpenNebula. Before installing this adaptor you should check:

1. You have a working Opennebula instance. You can get more information
about setting up your Opennebula in [1]. There is a set of dummy drivers [2]
that will help you in testing your installation.

2. You have a working Deltacloud server and you can connect to the specified
cloud provider (EC2, GoGrid..), there is also a mock driver to test the
server. You can get more information in [3]

Then you can install the OpenNebula adaptor [4] to connect to the Deltacloud
Server. This way you will be able to manage the virtual machines deployed in
your local infrastructure or the ones in the cloud provider that you
configured in the Deltacloud server, from the same Opennebula instance.

If you have any question following the steps, do not hesitate to ask in the
mailing list

Regards.

[1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:documentation
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/onesim
[3] http://deltacloud.org/contribute.html
[4] http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/deltacloud-adaptor/wiki

On 6 July 2010 16:45, marwen marwen <marwen.ensi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello evry body,
>
> I am working on the integration of deltacloud with opennebula.
> I followed the guide "
> http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/deltacloud-adaptor/wiki". but I can not
> visualize the results and I can not test the success of the integration.
> In fact, I do not know the value of the environment variable "OCCI_URL" and
> I can not understand the sample test at the end of the tutorial
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
> Best Regards

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org