[Discuss] [one-users] how to verify whether or not the motherboard support virtualization technology

Carlo Daffara carlo.daffara at cloudweavers.eu
Mon Oct 21 00:29:29 PDT 2013

Usually it's not a motherboard problem, but a BIOS one. We have found some hardware platform where there is cpu support for virtualization, but the BIOS (not updated by the manufacturer) does not enable it.
A few useful notes are here: http://virt-tools.org/learning/check-hardware-virt/
To check for virtualization support in the processor and bios, you can use the kvm-ok tool, or if you don't find it in your kvm installation you can use the cpu-checker utility:
https://launchpad.net/cpu-checker
cheers,
carlo daffara