[Discuss] Change ONE domain type in deployment file

Stefano Ghio steghio at eng.it
Thu Dec 29 02:57:05 PST 2011

Cheers,

I'm using ONE with Qemu-KVM but my machine does not support hardware
assisted virtualization so KVM obviously does not work. I can however
use virtualization without the KVM support, no big deal for me.

Now the problem is, in oned.conf I see a lot of configuration options
for KVM and none specific for Qemu; it is however my understanding that
Qemu and KVM go together. This particular configuration sadly does not
work for me as every time I try to instantiate a template I get an error.

The issue generates from a particular line in the
/var/lib/one/<image_number>/deployment.<host_number> file generated by
ONE after the template instantiation request:

<domain type='kvm'>

If I change it to qemu and then go virsh -c qemu:///system create
deployment.<host_number> it works, the VM starts.

I tried to uncomment and modify "emulator" in /etc/one/vmm_exec_kvm.conf
but it's no use, it always gets set to kvm in the deployment file.

How can I make ONE write that file correctly so that everything works
for me?

Thank you

happy holidays
--
Dr. Stefano Ghio - ENG Engineering Italy

Website: http://groglogs.blogspot.com/

*If you received this message but you are not its recipient, please
ignore it and warn me, thank you.*