[Discuss] OCCI OpenNebula user authentication 401 failure

Stefano Ghio steghio at eng.it
Thu Dec 15 05:44:50 PST 2011

Cheers,

I have some questions about OCCI authentication with ONE.

I set up ONE and the OCCI server fine.

I start them with "./onestart.sh" and "occi-server start".
I have 2 users: oneadmin:oneadmin and test:test. The second one was
created with "oneuser create test test".

The OCCI server is configured in /etc/one/occi-server.conf with:

  * :auth: basic
  * :server: localhost
  * :port: 4567

The machine is reachable at IP 192.168.23.44

If I send a cURL:

curl http://test:test@192.168.23.44:4567/-/

I always get a 401 Authentication Failure. Using oneadmin:oneadmin does
not change anything.

I can easily access ONE configuration through the Sunstone interface
with oneadmin:oneadmin though it does not use OCCI so I don't think it's
related to my problem.

I tried with curl --basic --user test:test http://etc.. and curl -X GET
etc.. but no luck.

  * How do I send a proper request to the OCCI server with cURL?
  * As last resort, how can I disable authentication? Documentation [1]
    only says either "basic" or "x509". I tried "none" and "false" but
    it didn't work, I got a 500 Internal server error since ":auth:" was
    not specified properly

I'm just using cURL to test if it's working properly, as I will later
try to do the same from a Java client. Which leads me to the next
question: where do I find a Java client which supports user
authentication? I tried occi4java[2] which looks pretty complete but
nowhere I found the possibility to pass the "user:pass" parameter.

Thank you,

have a nice day

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.0:occicg#authorization_methods
[2] https://github.com/occi4java/occi4java
--
Dr. Stefano Ghio - ENG Engineering Italy

Website: http://groglogs.blogspot.com/

*If you received this message but you are not its recipient, please
ignore it and warn me, thank you.*