[one-dev] Continuous integration and Testing of OpenNebula

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Mar 26 01:41:17 PDT 2014

Hi Adi

There is in fact a "complex" CI infrastructure. We have develop a custom
testing engine customized for doing OpenNebula testing at different levels
(integration, functionality...) We've been discussing on releasing it, but
our feeling is that it wont be very useful because it is tied to the
certification infrastructure. This is, you basically need to clone our
testing infrastructure (VMs, virtual storage cluster and the like) to make
it work.

So, as you do not need to test all the hypervisor set, or all datastore
types. You can easily prepare a test VM (a light one) and  write some
scripts using OCA or CLI that make basic operations: like starting,
migrating, stoping/resuming. This should be straightforward and will  test
the basic configuration for your OpenNebula installation.

BTW, the tests in the main source code are outdated, and should be removed.
Let us know if you need more information...

Cheers

Ruben