[one-dev] non-persistent image clones

Stephen Levy stephen.levy at telogis.com
Thu Jul 3 13:56:53 PDT 2014

I'm a little confused about how image cloning is supposed to work when
deploying a non-persistent image.  I created a non-persistent image, and
when I deployed a VM using that image, the image was copied to the system
datastore, as expected, but when the VM actually started, it used the
original image from the image datastore, not the cloned image in the system
datastore.  When I looked at the deployment file for the VM, I don't see
anything that indicates that the image in the system DS should be used.
 How is the vmm_mad driver supposed to know where to load the image in the
system DS from?

--

Stephen Levy

--

This email, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the
confidential information. It is the property of Telogis, Inc. If you are