[one-dev] Live migration / recovery - suggestions

David Macleod dmacleod at csir.co.za
Wed Jan 22 10:48:09 PST 2014

Hi Jaime,

I agree with Gareth. Would adding in an additional state for failed
migrates cause many problems? The state could remain completely generic and
only needs to exist so that hooks can trigger on it. If you want the state
to perform an actual ONE core function it could be used to perform a check
to see if the VM is still running on the original host. At the moment ONE
just assumes it is.

By adding the additional state the existing hooks system can be used and
you don't have to break from the existing ONE framework. It would also
solve the problem of multiple developers writing vmm migrate.fail scripts
since they would each write their own custom hook.

Regards,
David