[one-dev] Megam: addon-knife (How can I know a VM is fully launched)

Megam Systems gomegam at megam.co.in
Wed Apr 30 07:24:17 PDT 2014

Dear Dev-OpenNebula,

When working on the addon-knife, upon launching a VM using the
OpenNebula API, there is a need to wait till the VM is fully launched.
Currently we wait until an IP address is available from the VMPool.

Please find the reference of the code here.
https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-knife/blob/master/lib/chef/knife/opennebula_server_create.rb#L168

We need a better way as OpenNebula can run in private clouds as well.

How can we know that a VM is fully launched and running ? What parameter
(status etc..) helps us to figure out that the VM is running.

--
Cheers,
Megam Systems; http://www.gomegam.com