[one-dev] Installing addons

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Wed Nov 6 09:46:18 PST 2013

Boris Parak <256254 at mail.muni.cz> writes:

> Hi Javi,

Hello,

> an addon management tool is a great idea, people hate reading documentation
> and only a few know how to properly create a package (especially for
> Debian). So, this might be the way to go ...

About creating packages, if there are well defined rules about source
code layout and manual installation procedure, people who know how to
create packages could provide skeletons.

For example, at my work, we have a skeleton git repository to clone to
start a new project, with:

- a “code” branch where developers commit their bugs ;-) It mostly
  contains a simple .gitignore, a README and COPYRIGHT

- one “packaging” branch per “vendor/distribution” for a basic layout

I don't know what's planned for addons management but if the code can be
installed with something as simple as “make install”, it should be quite
easy for packagers[1] to provide packages.

I have no skills in developing this addon management tool, but I can
help with Debian packaging if needed.

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  at least for Debian packaging I know a little ;-)

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: