[one-users] Interfacing with OpenNebula through Python, Ruby, Java

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:15:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Jonathan Kelley <jkelley at vm-labs.com> wrote:
> I noticed at the bottom of the documentation page under References there is
> a mention of the OCA API via Ruby and Java. I am just curious how somehow
> would use there apis.....i.e is there any samples around using these
> interfaces?

Right now we don't have a tutorial on how to use them but maybe you
can take a look at the CLI as they are ruby scripts using OCA. You can
also take a look at version 2.0 tests for oca:

http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/one-2.0/show/src/oca/ruby/test

> I also read on a mailer archive that the Java one is no longer maintained
> because it was contributed for Nimbus support or something.

I fear that Java bindings for OpenNebula<->Nimbus integration is not
maintained anymore but version 2.0 of OpenNebula comes with Java
bindings maintained by use so I thing you should use those.

> Are these APIs still maintained and kept up to date with OpenNebula project?

Both Ruby and Java bindings are maintained by us.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher