[one-users] Persistent Storage

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartins at fdi.ucm.es
Fri Sep 24 10:46:30 PDT 2010

Hi Flávio,

One of the new features introduced in the 2.0 version is the Image
Repository [1]. If you want to give it a try, you can download the RC1 we
have just released today [2].

Using this repository, you can create an empty DATABLOCK image to store the
data you mention. The changes made to the image are saved back to the
repository once the VM is shutdown; and you can then then mount that image
in any other virtual machine.

You will find useful the documentation for the new oneimage command [3], and
the saveas option [4] for the onevm command.

I hope this meets your needs. If you need any more specific help, let us
know.

Best regards,
Carlos

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:img_guide
[2] http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=805
[3] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:cli#oneimage
[4] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:cli#onevm

Carlos Martín, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org