[one-users] SCP bottleneck

Stefan Freitag stefan.freitag at udo.edu
Tue Sep 21 03:57:38 PDT 2010

Hi Luis,

in Dortmund we have ~250 physical nodes and transfer at the moment the VM
(8 GByte per Image) images via SSH to the nodes. Due to the load caused by
the SSH transfers we limit the number of VMs deployed in parallel to two.
Three or four VMs in parallel should also be possible, but (hopefully) in
very near future we will migrate to another setup:
then scp-wave will be used in the background to transfer the images to the
physical nodes and a "home-brewn" tm mechanism will put in place to start
the VMs on the nodes.

Cheers
Stefan