[one-users] What kinds of shared storage are you using?

Slava Yanson slava at killerbeaver.net
Fri Sep 3 14:10:53 PDT 2010

We are using GlusterFS and it works great :) With some tweaking we were able
to average around 90-120 megabits per second on reads and 25-35 megabits per
second on writes. Configuration is as follows:

2 file servers:
- Supermicro server motherboard with Intel Atom D510
- 4GB DDR2 RAM
- 6 x Western Digital RE3 500GB hard drives
- Ubuntu 10.04 x64 (on a 2GB USB stick)
- RAID 10

File servers are set up with replication and we have a total of 1.5TB of
storage dedicated to virtual machine storage with ability to grow it to
petabytes on demand - just add more nodes!

Slava Yanson, CTO
Killer Beaver, LLC

w: www.killerbeaver.net
c: (323) 963-4787