[one-users] Placement section

Ruben Diez rdiez at cesga.es
Mon Sep 20 01:18:05 PDT 2010

Hello:

We are watching for a xen/kvm mixed set of nodes. For do this, we create
the hosts in the following manner:

- For xen nodes: onehost create  84.21.173.28 im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh
- For kvm nodes: onehost create  84.21.173.36 im_kvm vmm_kvm tm_ssh

So, for select to run a VM in a kvm or xen node type we are using the
"PLACEMENT" section in the following manner:

PLACEMENT = [
  REQUIREMENTS = "HYPERVISOR   = \"kvm\""
  ]

According with http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel2.0:template
the "HYPERVISOR" variable is defined by default....

But it don work: the scheduler deploy the VM in a xen node....

Where are the error?? Any other manner to force a VM to be deployed in a
xen or kvm node???

Regards.